Re: Oracle over NFS

From: Pei L. Ku <pku_at_gte.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 1998 20:22:34 -0700

NOOOOOOOO!!! DON'T DO IT!!!! (ok, I'm calmer now...) Oracle doc is pretty explicit about this. Basically, data files residing on NFS is bad because writes to them are not guranteed to be written to the actual remote disks. NFS does a lot of cacheing on the client for performance reasons. Oracle Support will tell you "sorry, bud, but you can't recover that database cuz you used NFS".

good luck

Pei