Inserting into a Long Datatype

From: Howard Chen <hchen_at_uswebla.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 13:42:29 -0700

I am trying to insert text into a Long datatype, but I get this error.

ORA-01704: string literal too long

Upon initial inspection, it appears that I need to buffer in the data. What functions or packages should I use to insert data into a Long datatype? Examples would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

--
Howard Chen
USWeb LA Received on Thu Jul 16 1998 - 15:42:29 CDT