Re: Oracle on Linux, this time it's serious

From: Piotr Kolodziej <pkol_at_otago.gda.pl>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 10:20:38 +0200

Peter Schneider wrote in message <6ojli6$q91$2_at_trader.ipf.de>...
> Anyway, if that rumor about Oracle on Linux is true, I'm very curious
> what kind of licensing model Oracle will offer.

... and which tools (maybe RDBMS ????) would be suported? Much more details needed. Now you can run Oracle Help for Java if you have JDK 1.1 compiliant browser.
Of course it's possible to run RDBMS for SCO on Linux for example, but it's not supported. So on Linux you may train, maybe develop, but not deploy.

Piotr
--
 Piotr Kolodziej
 <pkol_at_otago.gda.pl>