oraweb process

From: Brian Gastineau <bgastine_at_giveblood.org>
Date: 16 Jul 1998 01:29:01 GMT

Web Application Server 3.0
Oracle Server 7.3.2.2
HP-UX 10.20 on a K420 (2 CPU)

I have a couple of oraweb processes that are consuming a lot of CPU cycles when monitored with the "top" command. I have been told that on a RISC machine, the CPU usage will appear to be very high at all times. But when other processes are running and the web server is not being used, the oraweb processes remain the most active processes and the performance of the competing processes is poor compared to when the oraweb processes are not running.

Is there any control over the priority the oraweb process runs under? I'm assuming that there is something that could be done at the operating system level, but some feedback on the options for control through the WAS utilities would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Brian Gastineau Received on Wed Jul 15 1998 - 20:29:01 CDT