Re: Which value for INITRANS ?

From: MotoX <rat_at_tat.a-tat.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 10:16:52 +0100

No, don't set it to "number of rows per block ?"

INIT_TRANS is the number of transactions entries to pre-allocate in the block headers. Use the default - also for MAX_TRANS. If you had an OLTP system with many active transactions on the same blocks you might want to pre-allocate more space in the headers, but for dw databases this is rare. Remember, transaction entries will still be created (and not de-allocated) in the data area of the data blocks up to the value of MAX_TRANS if needed - which in your case they probably won't be.

MotoX