Q : Which value for INITRANS ?

From: Philippe Gaudin <PGaudin_at_isaserver.be>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 16:18:53 +0200

Hi everybody !

We have here an Oracle database for which we want to transfer all modifications to our data warehouse.

To do that, we have created a DWHOUT schema (with one table per main database table) in which the created, modified and deleted data are saved using triggers.

On a regular base the data of DWHOUT are transfered to our data warehouse by selecting, inserting (in data warehouse) and deleting all the rows of each table.

So each row of a DWHOUT table is inserted then later selected and deleted.

In this context, how to compute a good value for the INITRANS ? INTRANS = number of rows per block ?

Thanks in advance.

Philippe. Received on Tue Jul 14 1998 - 09:18:53 CDT