space usage

From: Chuck Hamilton <chuckh_at_dvol.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 17:31:24 GMT

I have a volatile table who's pctused is set at 97%. It's does a lot of inserts and deletes. It's grabbing extents out the wazoo, but when I analyze it, it shows avg free space per block is over 75%! Why is it wasting so much space when the pctused is so high? What can I do force it to use it's space more efficiently?
--
Chuck Hamilton
chuckh_at_dvol.com

If at first you don't succeed, sky diving isn't for you. Received on Mon Jul 13 1998 - 12:31:24 CDT