Performance Problems with Oracle 7.3 and Microsoft ODBC

From: Vijay Raghavacharian <vragha_at_ctp.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 08:34:39 -0700

Guys !!

We are having severe performance issues. We are having a Oracle database on NT server and trying to access the database from NT clients using the Microsoft ODBC driver. Our applciation is not transaction intensive. But we do search the database. In trying to connect to the database and creating the objects based on the data retirved from the database, we find the response unacceptable. Basically we fire SQL scripts - one after the other - to retrieve the required data. We are in the process of optimizing the SQL scripts - but I don't know how much juice we can get out of that - since most of the queries are very striahtforward and simple - maybe a couple of table joins. Are there any other paramters I need to look into.

Thanks.

--
Vijay Raghavacharian
vragha_at_ctp.com

Cambridge Technology Partners (415-574-3710) 1300 South El Camino Real, Suite 600
San Mateo, CA 94402
http://www.ctp.com Received on Mon Jul 13 1998 - 10:34:39 CDT