Re: Porblem with Size in Oracle 7

From: Matthew Arrocha <marrocha_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 12:43:57 GMT

If it's the maxdatafiles parameter exceeded you will have to recreate the controlfile to increase the parameter. You can instead run:  alter database datafile 'path\filename' resize XXXXM;

This way you can increase the datafile to hold more w/o recreating the controlfile.
If the database is growing fast this will be a very temporary patch.

To check the controlfile parameters run:  alter database backup controlfile to trace;

This will generate a trace file in your user_dump_dest like ORA00123.TRC and this will be the script to recreate the controlfile after editing the max parameters that are holding you back.

Matt-

BTEzra <ezra_at_telcom.es> wrote in article <6ocnfd$b9m$1_at_talia.mad.ibernet.es>...