Re: Shutting down in archivelog mode.

From: Mauro <sbffn_at_vgf.vg>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 07:29:35 GMT

On Wed, 8 Jul 1998 18:11:35 -0400, "Mike" <mike_at_flipag.net> wrote:

>Oracle support does highly recommed NOT doing an immediate shutdown if you
>are going to do an export as this can lead to imports failing... I always do
>shutdown immediate and then right away do a statup, then plain shutdown...

That's okay, but what about a 'shutdown abort; startup; shutdown normal' instead ? (There are transactions that are NOT closed by shutdown immediate...)

--
Mauro.

(My return address is intentionally invalid; ROT13 is required. As someone already told this audience, my responses are not to be considered official technical support or advice.) Received on Mon Jul 13 1998 - 02:29:35 CDT