Re: Shutting down in archivelog mode.

From: Mike <mike_at_flipag.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 1998 18:11:35 -0400

Oracle support does highly recommed NOT doing an immediate shutdown if you are going to do an export as this can lead to imports failing... I always do shutdown immediate and then right away do a statup, then plain shutdown... like

in unix... script that contains...

svrmgrl << EOF
shutdown immediate
startup