Re: Is it possible to archive data to tape ??

From: MotoX <rat_at_tat.a-tat.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 1998 09:03:16 +0100

Yes, you can. You can use the export utility to extract to disk or tape. You can also extract/import by partition (see below).

As regards processing large tables (i.e. adding a new months worth of data and trimming off an old month from say 2 years back) I'd strongly recommend Oracle 8 with the Partitioning Option. Partitioned tables - if implemented correctly - are very effecient from both the performance and maintenance aspects. Our monthly archive (on 100,000,000 row tables) came down from hours to minutes when we moved to Oracle 8 partitioning.

MotoX.