Re: help on oracle parallel server

From: Kevin Brand <kevinx_at_sequel.com>
Date: 8 Jul 1998 02:54:32 GMT

IBM's Logical Volume Manager under AIX is rock solid in a concurrent environment such as OPS. I've been pounding many Gigabytes worth of concurrently accessed SSA disk subsystems for quite a while without any failures or hiccups.

While I haven't seen any of Sun's ( or whatever third party ) LVM stuff, HP's version is a little crude.

The only draw-backs I see, if any, is that HACMP can be difficult to set up, is definitely proprietary, and the supplied DLM is limited ( at least in 4.1 and I believe 4.2 ) to 255MB memory. I've configured over 100k PCM locks over two distinct "sets" of instances across nodes and haven't reached 50% of this limit yet.

-Kevin
--
remove the x for email response

Scott Cote <scottcote_at_contractor.net> wrote in article <35A2D814.8C7C0E4B_at_contractor.net>...