Re: HELP...AIX re-install errors!

From: Mauro <sbffn_at_vgf.vg>
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 1998 12:45:55 GMT

On Thu, 2 Jul 1998 08:33:51 +0100, "MotoX" <rat_at_tat.a-tat.com> wrote:

>Make sure the CD is clean. Then make sure the olink directory (LV,
>filesystem) has enough free space. Remove ALL the files in the olink
>directory and start again - NB. some of the files begin with '.', so use
>'ls -a' to verify you've got rid of all the files. Then re-install. Don't
>forget to make sure the file permissions are set correctly for both the CD
>mount point and the olink directory.
>
>I've installed Oracle on AIX many times and it's been OK generally. When it
>hasn't, using the above procedure has fixed it.

Also, you need to create /olink in another file system (or in /oracle) because if you create it as an ordinary directory under / you'll end up filling the / filesystem...

>Nice thing is, the olink 'links to CD' system is gone in Oracle 8.0.4 - you
>can install straight off CD. Much better.

Thanks god. One wonders why we needed it...

--
Mauro.

(My return address is intentionally invalid; ROT13 is required. As someone already told this audience, my responses are not to be considered official technical support or advice.) Received on Tue Jul 07 1998 - 07:45:55 CDT