Re: Calling DBMS_ALERT from a package.

From: Werner Rammer <w.rammer_at_lgsoft.at>
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 1998 14:59:21 +0200

Dear Jens,

There is the possibility, that the dbms_alert package has no public - grant, I think you can check that with

select * from all_tab_grants
where owner='SYS' and table_name like 'DBMS%';

if there is no entry for dbms_alert, try to grant the execute privilege either to PUBLIC or to your user only. (grant execute on dbms_alert to my_user; -- you must be connected as SYS)

greetinx,
werner rammer