Re: Odd Oracle slowdown

From: Vjoshi2 <vjoshi2_at_aol.com>
Date: 3 Jul 1998 16:29:55 GMT

Hi,
I would suggest looking at the SQL that is being run which slows everything down. I am hoping that your developers are not doing an development on the same DB. Otherwise oracle would have to recompile procedures/functions on the fly when it needs it (assuming tables have been altered to add more columns for eg.).
Other thing to watch out for is, Full table scans. They take up quite a big chunk of resources (CPU/DISK IO etc). May be batch jobs should be scheduled in the night.

Have you looked at the rollback stats ? I think looking at the SQL that is running will point you in the right direction.

I am assuming you are running CBO.
If so are you tables analyzed ?
If not, this could result in Full Table Scans.

vinay joshi
vjoshi_at_pinnacle.co.uk Received on Fri Jul 03 1998 - 11:29:55 CDT