Choose rollback segment for SQL*Loader?

From: Robin Bishop <rmb8_at_bton.ac.uk>
Date: 3 Jul 1998 15:54:35 GMT

Does anyone know if there's a way to specify the rollback segment that SQL*Loader will use? Sort of equivalent to the 'SET TRANSACTION USE ROLLBACK SEGMENT' in SQL. Loader is blowing our normal rollback segments when loading large files but I'm reluctant to increase them because they're sized properly for normal operations.

I'm not sure even why the limit is being reached. Loader appears to COMMIT every few records which means that the rollback should be realeased surely? I'm wondering if it is anything to do with the "REPLACE" clause which deletes all records from the table before loading new data in. I plan to test this by truncating the table first and using the "INSERT" clause instead, but I'd still like Loader to use a specific rollback segment.

Other than taking all the normal rollback segments offline while loader runs, I can't find any way of accomplishing this. Any ideas?

--
Robin Bishop
University of Brighton Computer Centre Received on Fri Jul 03 1998 - 10:54:35 CDT