Re: Best way to move Oracle 8 from UNIX to NT?

From: MotoX <rat_at_tat.a-tat.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 1998 08:49:33 +0100

Bob Hayden wrote in message <359AE4D3.DD4EF0B2_at_it.here.com>...
>Hello,
>
>I need to move an 8.0.4 database from HP-UX to NT.

Poor guy. :-)

>Do I need to do an export/import

Yes. A FULL one.

> ...or is there a better way to do this... how about a wizard?

No. And no! :-)

>:) I will probably try the export/import, any gotchas I should be aware
>of?

Yep, make sure you create all the required tablespaces first and get the names right. Make sure there is enough space in your new db. The the old database has been correctly designed, don't compress the extents on the export (it defaults to 'y').

MotoX.