pl/sql - sorting a string

From: Mark Aengenheyster <nospamloser_aengenhm_at_rspa.dot.gov>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 16:14:03 -0400

I need to build a PL/SQL function that does the following:

Take a 'space' delimited string of state abbrev's : 'TX LA KS SD MD' and put it in alphabetical order: 'KS LA MD SD TX' I already wrote a loop that extracts the individual states into a string variable for each iteration of the loop.

Should I put them into a TABLE variable (an array) and then sort it or what?
Does anyone know where I can get an example of sorting a TABLE variable in PL/SQL (sorting an array)?
Or should I do it a different way?

Thanks in advance - Mark Received on Fri Jun 26 1998 - 15:14:03 CDT