Performance improvement problem

From: Terence T <wk.teoh_at_amd.com>
Date: 26 Jun 1998 09:37:05 GMT

Good day
I am running Oracle 7.3.3 on Sun Solaris 2.5.1 Not long ago I recieved advice from someone that to increase my database performance, I should:

1. Make the swap space at least 3 times the RAM
2. Make the ulimit as unlimited
3. Set the datasize and stack size unlimited.
I believe that Step 1 involves repartiotioning the server, pls confirm if I am right.
However I am not sure about how to go about doing step 2 and 3, apprecieate any help.
Also... has anyone know or have actual experience of whether those steps would increase the database performance and to what extent? I am running Oracle 7.3.3 on Sun Solaris 2.5.1 Pls reply to wk.teoh_at_amd.com Received on Fri Jun 26 1998 - 04:37:05 CDT