Re: ORA-01000: maximum open cursors exceeded PROBLEM

From: Guy Loureiro <guy_at_cm.co.za>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 09:15:32 +0200

To view the open_cursors per session which is exactly what your system is exceeding try the following SQL - you'll need sys to grant you "select" privs on v_$ tables associated with v$ views

apparently this script should be altered and driven via saddr column but it seems to work.

Some manuals suggest 255 as a max value for open_cursors in the init<sid>.ora. I have needed to set my value higher and Oracle seemed to accept it.

select v.sid,
       v.serial#,
       v.username,
       v.status,
       count(*)
from v$session v,
     v$open_cursor c

where v.sid = c.sid
group by v.sid, v.serial#, v.username, v.status order by count(*) desc;

Guy Received on Fri Jun 26 1998 - 02:15:32 CDT