Trigger to send email message

From: Mark Greaves <mgreaves_at_berger.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 10:19:16 -0600

I need to write a trigger that will send out an email message with information about what changes were made to a table. The trigger logic is not a problem, but I don't know how to issue a "mail" command from within a trigger (PL/SQL). I am on a UNIX machine, so would be using the "mailx" utility. Does anyone have any suggestions for this?

Thanks,

Mark Greaves Received on Thu Jun 25 1998 - 11:19:16 CDT