Re: exp/imp Oracle 7.3

From: joan arsenault <joan.arsenault_at_cpmx.saic.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 13:30:58 -0400

joakimh_at_hem.passagen.se wrote:

> Hi,
>
> we are using Oracle 7.3.4 on Solaris 2.5.1.
>
> I want to move a database (complete) from one machine to another,
> which arguments should I use for export/import ?.
>
> Regards,
> Joakim Hartikainen

> http://www.dejanews.com/ Now offering spam-free web-based newsreading
When we went from 7.1.4 to 7.3.2.3 we used a full export (as per Richard Woods). On the export side, set compress=N. One possible hint: because the machine architecture was changing, we precreated the (old) tablespaces on the new machine under the new directory layout; also changed our rollback segments in accordance with the OFA. Then dropped some schema owners (fixed data that we would generate later) This caused some errors in the import log but we ended up with what we wanted. The project has a number of similar databases and if, somewhere, someone might forget to drop a particular schema, no problem, the susequent import for the schema would fail because the corresponding tablespace(s) couldn't get created (because the directory paths didn't exist - just what I would have wanted to happen, although I had to pour through a lot of errors to convince myself of that, including one awlful sounding one to the effect of unrecognizable data). You'll also see errors on already existing errors in the system tables. On the import side, DESTROY=N and ignore=y. Received on Wed Jun 24 1998 - 12:30:58 CDT