Re: RAID-3 v. RAID-5

From: MotoX <at_at_at.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 10:51:16 +0100

Ditto, RAID0 and RAID1 and RAID0+1.

And, was your 'non RAID' environment set-up correctly: say, striped disks, raw volumes, proper min and max pageahead, no write verify, correct stripe size, mullti bloclk read count, block size, etc., to make the best use of the drives you had? And did you test a number of variations of configuration, retuning both Oracle and the OS disk subsystem in between? No, thought not...

Oh, and have you assessed the impact of the controller with it's nice cache failing in the middle of a write?

MotoX