Re: [q] utl_file package

From: Mauro Fossa <sbffn_at_vgf.vg>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 09:48:02 GMT

On Fri, 19 Jun 1998 02:37:26 GMT, Hwang SSang Gu <angra_at_ns.maninet.co.kr> wrote:

>I needed use utl_file package to interface witch text file.
-snip-
>How can I do correct this ? I wanna use utl_file package withc
>dynamically changing directory.

Either you specify *all* the directories you want to use, or you're stuck.

Beware of security, also.
Files you write thru UTL_FILE will be owned by the OS account you use to start your instance, and every Oracle account will be able to access them.

--
Mauro.

(My return address is intentionally invalid; ROT13 is required. As someone already told this audience, my responses are not to be considered official technical support or advice.) Received on Fri Jun 19 1998 - 04:48:02 CDT