Re: RAID vs Redo log mirroring

From: Mauro Fossa <sbffn_at_vgf.vg>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 09:18:04 GMT

On 16 Jun 1998 15:48:25 GMT, "Robin Bishop" <rmb8_at_bton.ac.uk> wrote:

>Given that the primary (only?) reason for mirrored redo logs is to guard
>against media failure, can anyone suggest whether it is still necessary on
>a system running RAID level 5?

Another reason is to recover a database to a fixed point in time, eg. just before you did that DELETE FROM CUSTOMERS;

--
Mauro.

(My return address is intentionally invalid; some editing is required. As someone already told this audience, my responses are not to be considered official technical support or advice.) Received on Wed Jun 17 1998 - 04:18:04 CDT