"unlock" from trigger

From: Ragnvald Torgeirsson Blindheim; UiO; V96 <ragnvald_at_nta.no>
Date: 15 Jun 1998 07:14:27 GMT

Hi.

I need to be able to LOCK TABLE and unlock this table from a trigger. Problem is, the only way I have found to unlock a "LOCK" is to COMMIT. However, COMMITs are not allowed in triggers.

Any suggestions?

(the reason I use LOCK TABLE is that the trigger updates a table, and once in a while a UNIX cron job LOCKs the update table, exports the data and deletes all the data in the table. Using LOCK TAbLE in EXCLUSIVE MODE avoids concurrency problems).

Any help appreciated!

Ragnvald

--
Ragnvald T. Blindheim ragnvald_at_unik.no Received on Mon Jun 15 1998 - 02:14:27 CDT