Re: Bad performance with MTS

From: <andreas.prusch_at_sintec.de>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 08:25:43 GMT

Check your shared pool size. It must be great enough to hold the memory for the shared servers (PGA, session information, sort area, response and request queue), only stack will be allocated out of SGA. Start initially enough dispatcher! and shared server. Don't set the upper bound for shared servers to low (mts_max_servers). Let the instance connect via ipc to the listener (mts_listener_address). We use Oracle 7.3.2 and SOLARIS 2.5 with MTS. Response time on little queries is a little but not significant slower. On larger queries it is not really meaningful.

Hope this will help,
Andreas Prusch