How to Intrepret Trace Files

From: Gene Hubert <110530.717_at_CompuServe.COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 14:08:22 -0400

I'm running Oracle 8.0.3 on NT 4.0.

I'm wondering what to make of the ORAxxxxx.TRC files written to my trace directory. I have accumulated about 60 in a period of 30 days. I've browsed thru some of them and haven't found anything that sounded really bad.

Just wondering what I should be looking for in these trace files. How do I tell which ones are telling me something important? I browse throught sidALRT.LOG several times a week.
Gene Hubert
Qualex Inc.
Durham, NC