server sysdate manipulation

From: Cees Van Tilburg <ctilburg_at_ortec.nl>
Date: 11 Jun 1998 18:00:26 GMT

I need to test a complex application on a Oracle 7.3/Unix server. To be able to complete the test in a reasonable time I must be able to manipulate the systemdate in order to trigger some events which otherwise would require weeks of waiting.

Since there are other applications running on the unix-server I it is not allowed
to simply change the systemdate of the server. So I must have something which
manipulates the sysdate for only one specific user or user-proces.

Is this possible under Unix or ORACLE? Or do I have to specify a function which
increases/decreases the sysdate by a number of days and use this instead of the
sysdate function?

We are still in analysis stage so we have the freedom to choose whatever solution without regard
 of existing code.

Please post whatever solution comes to mind, I will repost a resume.

regards,

Cees van Tilburg
ctilburg_at_spamortec.nl (remove...spam) Received on Thu Jun 11 1998 - 13:00:26 CDT