Re: server sysdate manipulation

From: Peter Schneider <peter.schneider_at_okay.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 1998 22:28:30 GMT

On 11 Jun 1998 18:00:26 GMT, Cees Van Tilburg <ctilburg_at_ortec.nl> wrote:

>I need to test a complex application on a Oracle 7.3/Unix server.
>To be able to complete the test in a reasonable time I must be able
>to manipulate the systemdate in order to trigger some events which
>otherwise would require weeks of waiting.
>
>Since there are other applications running on the unix-server I it is
>not allowed
>to simply change the systemdate of the server. So I must have something
>which
>manipulates the sysdate for only one specific user or user-proces.

[...]

Hi Cees,

have a look at the init.ora parameter FIXED_DATE. It is documented in the Oracle Server Reference, ch.1 Initialization Parameters. It allows to set a constant sysdate which is quite useful for testing purposes. Modifications require to bounce and restart the instance however.

HTH,
Peter

--
Peter Schneider
peter.schneider_at_okay.net Received on Sun Jun 14 1998 - 17:28:30 CDT