Dual configurations

From: <wssi_at_sprynet.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 14:53:11 GMT

I have personal oracle 7.3 installed on at Windows NT 4.0 workstation. I also have the 16-bit of Developer 2000 version 1.2. Oracle server 7.3 is also installed on a Windows NT Server. To be able to use peraonal oracle on my Windows NT workstation I had to do the following:

Install Personal Oracle 7.3 for Windows NT. Install the 16-bit Developer 2000 version 1.2. At this point I can bring up the Personal Oracle database and I can bring up the Developer 2000, but I can not connect to the Personal Oracle database from the Developer 2000 although I can connect to the Oracle Server database running on the Windows NT Server. If I try to connect to the Oracle Personal database I get either a ORA-03121(no interface driver connected) if I dont specify a database or I get ORA-12203(TNS unable to connect to destination) if I specify a Database(e.g. Beq-local). I can connect to both databases with the tools that were installed with the Personal Oracle 7.3 for Windows NT (i.e. SQLPlus, Navigator etc..).

If I then go back to my Personal Oracle 7.3 CDROM and install the software for 16-bit Windows. After this I am able to connect to the Windows NT workstation's Personal Oracle database, but I now cannot connect to the Windows NT Server. If I try to connect to the Windows NT Server I get a "Call to undefined dynalink" error.

Is there anyway to configure the software so that I can connect to both the Personal database and Oracle Server database from the Developer 2000 version 1.2?

Mark