"ed" command doesn't work under SQL*PLUS???

From: Xoi Tang <zx1910_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 10 Jun 1998 13:57:38 GMT

Hi, everyone:

I'm a new comer of Oracle. Here's my question:

In SQL*PLUS 3.22(Personal Oracle 7.3.2 under NT 4.0 server & workstation, IBM-PC), something is wrong when I try to use "ed" to open "NotePad" to edit the latest command I input.

For example: first I input "select * from department", then type "ed", but after I changed the command to "select * from student" and saved it, then I use "\", it still ran the old command which is "select * from department".

I check the property of that buffer file, unchecked "Archive" attribute, and tried it again. It still failed, and property is changed back to "Archive".

I think this is some problem of configuration.

Anybody help me?

Thanks a lot!

Please email me

ZX1910_at_hotmail.com Received on Wed Jun 10 1998 - 08:57:38 CDT