Re: Tablespace problems ...

From: Robert Prendin <rprendin_at_magi.com>
Date: Sun, 07 Jun 1998 14:46:25 GMT

> 1) Can the data of table 'TA' can be stored in two different
>tablespaces?

NO, expect for Oracle 8 where you can partition tables...

> 2) If tablespace 'TSA' contains two data files, 'DF1' and 'DF2', how to
>know the contents of 'DF1' and 'DF2'? (i.e. to know the table name
>stored in 'DF1' and 'DF2')

Using the rowid you can identify the file_id which you can then use to query dba_data_files to find out, row per row, exaclty what data_file the data is in...

> 3) Is it possible that to move a table 'TA' from one tablespace 'TS1'
>to another 'TS2'? How to do that?

Couple of ways, export and import by changing the default tablespace for that user and I would also take the tablespace offline... OR rename current table then
create table original_table_name tablespace TS2 storage( initial ? next ? etc ... ) as select * from renamed_tablename;

Don't forget the obvious, grants, indexes, etc....

Good Luck,

Robert Prendin