Re: Tablespace problems ...

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Sun, 07 Jun 1998 13:46:14 GMT

A copy of this was sent to Jimmy <c6635500_at_comp.polyu.edu.hk> (if that email address didn't require changing) On Sun, 07 Jun 1998 16:28:45 -0700, you wrote:

>Hello all,
>
> 1) Can the data of table 'TA' can be stored in two different
>tablespaces?

In o7.x - no
In o8.x - yes using a partitioned table. Each parition will reside in a single tablespace, however a table may consist of many partitions, each of which is in a different tablespace (or the same)

> 2) If tablespace 'TSA' contains two data files, 'DF1' and 'DF2', how to
>know the contents of 'DF1' and 'DF2'? (i.e. to know the table name
>stored in 'DF1' and 'DF2')

Join dba_extents to dba_data_files. For example, in Oracle8 it would look like:

SQL> l
  1 select distinct segment_name, file_name   2 from dba_extents, dba_data_files
  3 where dba_extents.file_id = dba_data_files.file_id   4 and dba_extents.segment_type = 'TABLE'; SQL> /

SEGMENT_NAME                   FILE_NAME
FILE$                          /d02/dbs/system.dbf
OBJ$                           /d02/dbs/system.dbf
UNDO$                          /d02/dbs/system.dbf

> 3) Is it possible that to move a table 'TA' from one tablespace 'TS1'
>to another 'TS2'? How to do that?

create table as select
export/import

are 2 ways to do it.

>Thanks,
>Jimmy

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Government
Herndon VA

Anti-Anti Spam Msg: if you want an answer emailed to you, you have to make it easy to get email to you. Any bounced email will be treated the same way i treat SPAM-- I delete it. Received on Sun Jun 07 1998 - 08:46:14 CDT