Re: How to change Password for Internal

From: Bruce Ferris <bruce.ferris_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 1998 08:41:25 +0100

>Can anyone tell me how to change the password for INTERNAL.

It depends on which version of Oracle you're running (7.x, 8.x?)

Oracle seems to have made INTERNAL semi-obsolete for Oracle 8. INTERNAL now means...

  CONNECT SYS/<pwd> AS SYSOPER

So, change the password for SYS!

There's pretty good (but slightly hidden) documentation in the Oracle8 HTML docs. But the exact details are port specific.

I, personally, never had a problem with Oracle7 and INTERNAL so I couldn't answer there. Received on Mon Jun 01 1998 - 02:41:25 CDT