GLOBAL_NAME

From: Ng TC <tcng_at_yas.com.sg>
Date: 1 Jun 1998 03:06:41 GMT

Hi,

I recently created a new instance by copying from existing instance: copied data files to new location, created init.ora, issue command create database .. etc.

But when the new instance is started and I did a

	select *
	from global_name;

I get the old value of YASFIN.WORLD. I am expecting the new value YASFNPRD.WORLD. Can anyone tell me more about GLOBAL_NAME, when was it created etc, and in this case why was it not reflecting the value i am expecting.

What should I do to make global_name reflect the correct value?

Thanks!

Regards,
Tse Chong Received on Sun May 31 1998 - 22:06:41 CDT