Re: Oracle Web Application Server 4.0

From: Ullrich Hertlein <heul0011_at_rz03.FH-Karlsruhe.DE>
Date: 29 May 1998 15:18:01 GMT

In comp.databases.oracle.server Bill Blackwell <william.k.blackwell_at_lmco.com> wrote:
: Our development team has been working on an application using WAS
: 3.0 Although we are generally pleased with the architecture, it is some
: of the scalability features in 4.0 that have us very excited. I am
: looking for a good source of information on the 4.0 beta version.
: Specifically, is there a limit to how many processes can be spawned by
: the App. Server and still be able to manage them? Is this hardware or
: operating system or software dependent? How does it handle memory
: cleanup and is thrashing likely? What is the limit for clients to acess

we have the same problem with the version 3: it seems to be impossible to get detailed infos about the mentioned "dead cartridge"-Cleanup-Feature of the OAS3.0.1 on NT. there are some environment-variables liek jo.req_heart_timeout or so, but no documentation about this.
:(

bye, ulli Received on Fri May 29 1998 - 10:18:01 CDT