Oracle Web Application Server 4.0

From: Bill Blackwell <william.k.blackwell_at_lmco.com>
Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 11:51:06 -0400

    Our development team has been working on an application using WAS 3.0 Although we are generally pleased with the architecture, it is some of the scalability features in 4.0 that have us very excited. I am looking for a good source of information on the 4.0 beta version. Specifically, is there a limit to how many processes can be spawned by the App. Server and still be able to manage them? Is this hardware or operating system or software dependent? How does it handle memory cleanup and is thrashing likely? What is the limit for clients to acess an application? 500? 1000 users? more? Any help in pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bill Blackwell
Lockheed Martin Received on Fri May 22 1998 - 10:51:06 CDT