help on database link needed

From: Harald Stefan <stefan_at_grandel.de>
Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 14:13:03 +0200

i have urgend problem in creating an database link. The Situation is as follows:

  1. I have two databases on different machines (sid1 and sid2)
  2. on the database sid2 there are two users user1 and for a short time user2
  3. in former times i created a database link from sid1 to sid2 with "create database link test connect to user1 identified by password using 'sid2';"
  4. now i will create a second database link to user2 on sid2 with "create database link test_2 connect to user2 identified by password2 using 'sid2';"
  5. the create of the link is ok, but when i adress the database link test_2 with "desc tabelle_at_test_2" the message appears: "database link test_2 connects to test"

I tried the same from another database and the connect with both links is ok.

Any help will be wellcome.

Thanks

Stefan
--

               __
           ___|[]|

Harald Stefan
Datenbankadministration und Entwicklung mailto:stefan_at_grandel.de
Dr. Grandel GmbH                           http://www.grandel.de

Pfladergasse 7-13                          tel 0821-3202-142
D-86150 Augsburg                           fax 0821-3202-200