Re: help on database link needed

From: Bill Manry <BManry_at_nomail.us.oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 04:26:30 GMT

On Thu, 28 May 1998 14:13:03 +0200, Harald Stefan <stefan_at_grandel.de> wrote:
> 5. the create of the link is ok, but when i adress the database link
> test_2 with "desc tabelle_at_test_2" the message appears:
> "database link test_2 connects to test"

In the init.ora file for SID1 change the GLOBAL_NAMES parameter to FALSE or remove the setting (it defaults to FALSE). Having it set to TRUE enforces a requirement for dblink names to match the target database name.

Bill Manry - IBM Products Division - Oracle Corp. USA These are my opinions, not Oracle's. Received on Thu May 28 1998 - 23:26:30 CDT