Re: INITRANS and MAXTRANS

From: Mark Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 28 May 1998 15:19:25 GMT

The reason that initrans and maxtrans apply to each block is that Oracle maintains row level locking information at the block level and not in the SGA or in a system lock table. Each update process needs a work/record area in the same block as the rows it is affecting.

Matthew D. Heilman <matthew.d.heilman_at_ac.com> wrote in article <356d731600000005_at_news.accincy.com-MINC>...