Re: performance problem

From: Gert De Neve <gert.deneve_at_skynet.be>
Date: 25 May 1998 20:03:38 GMT

You created an index on a varchar2 field. If this field is the field "number" you use in your query it's possible that Oracle converts your select in

    .... where to_number(number) = 100 ... and so oracle doesn't uses the index.

GDN Klaus Hümmeler <khuemmeler_at_delphinsys.de> wrote in article <35696D47.AA701111_at_delphinsys.de>...