defining permissions with utl_file output

From: Simon Clifford <sclifford.nospam_at_cyberus.ca>
Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 15:58:55 -0400

Problem:

 When spooling data to unix-level files, we are using the utl_file  package. Things seem to work OK, except that the outputted file has a  owner:group of oracle7:dba, which makes it awkward to write to a  private directory. We can write to /tmp, but the data is sensitive,  and we don't want anyone else to see it.

 Is there anyway to control the owner:group permissions on the outputted  file?

 Having the shell script change the owner:group after the dump is not  acceptable, since anyone could grab the file up to the point just  before the spool is finished.

Any help appreciated,

Simon

--

to reply, remove the ".nospam" from the address Received on Mon May 25 1998 - 14:58:55 CDT