Re: Cannot connect as SYSDBA!

From: <andreas.prusch_at_sintec.de>
Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 07:19:25 GMT

In Oracle 7 you could set REMOTE_LOGIN_PASSWORD=EXCLUSIVE and then apply grant sysdba to system from the internal account. Naturally you have first create a password file. Because connect as sysdba works without database being up oracle can do the authentification only by passwordfile. Unfortunately (by Oracle 7) thze passwordfile only is updating when REMOTE_LOGIN_PASSWORD is set EXCLUSIVE which means that only one instance has access to the passwordfile. Hope this will help.

mfg
Andreas Prusch