Cannot connect as SYSDBA!

From: Robert Chung <robertch_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 00:35:35 GMT

I just installed Oracle 8 on Windows NT. Everything is working fine except for the fact that I cannot connect to Oracle as SYSDBA.

"connect system/manager" works, but "connect system/manager as SYSDBA" does not. "select * from user_sys_privs" confirms "sys" and "system" accounts do not have SYSDBA privilege. What can I do to get SYSDBA privilege? Currently, REMOTE_LOGIN_PASSWORD is set to SHARED. Thanks in advance.

PS: if I set REMOTE_LOGIN_PASSWORD to NONE to enable operating system athentication, Oracle instance fails to start. Why is that? Received on Sat May 23 1998 - 19:35:35 CDT