Re: How can I create instances ?

From: cpbbb <cpbrady_at_frontiernet.net>
Date: 20 May 1998 23:59:10 GMT

You need to configure the TNSNAMES.ORA file, on both the server and the client, to recognize the new SID.
If you're running Win95 clients you'll find the file in:

    For SQL*Net 2.x ---- c:\ORAWIN95\network\admin     For NET8 ---- c:\ORAWIN95\NET80\admin If you still need 16 bit ODBC or apps they are in:

                                        c:\orawin\network\admin.

There should be a \sample subdirectory as well so you can use it as a template.

Good luck!

Craig Brady
Talisman Technologies Inc
Specializing in Oracle Data Warehousing/VLDB's