Re: Newbie question: Should a table/index ideally always be in a single extent ?

From: Suresh Bhat <suresh.bhat_at_mitchell-energy.com>
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 21:33:19 GMT

My experience shows that, if you don't COALESCE by rebuilding, export/import or tablespace( pctincrease =1), when there are lot of deletes/inserts, the space never gets released to the system. It keeps on adding new extents even though there may be, tons of UN-COALESECED free space in the old extents.

Raoul De Kezel <100653.2230_at_compuserve.com> wrote in article <MPG.fc54069a33c27919896b3_at_news.compuserve.com>...