Re: faulty system index creation algorithm?

From: Alan Campbell <ajc_at_cgocable.net>
Date: Sun, 17 May 1998 08:09:33 -0400

Since you did not set the storage parameters for the indexes these indexes were created with default storage parameters. There is no Magic Storage Algorithm For Primary Keys(MSAFPK), although it sounds like a great Idea to for Oracle to use a default for a primary key based on the amount of space allocated to the table. As for dropping and recreating them you could do that by dropping the constraint or just use the ALTER INDEX indexname REBUILD STORAGE (INITIAL 100K NEXT 50K) TABLESPACE indextablespacename;