Re: Oracle 8.004 on Solaris 2.6 x86

From: Richard Ji <guile_at_escape.com>
Date: Sun, 17 May 1998 00:18:34 GMT

On Sat, 16 May 1998 12:57:58 -0800, "Capt Kirk" <kpinneo_at_ibm.net> wrote:

>I just got the upgrade from 7.3 and I am having problems with the install.
>It seems the install wants to compile and link some net libraries. The
>problem is I do not have a c compiler. Is there anyware around this.
>
>Thanks Kirk

I just ran into this problem. This is because the MAKE file use CC instead of LD. Anyways, currently the only way to work around this is to download a try and buy copy of Sun C compiler from Sun's web site. Install it then install Oracle8.0.4. I will post if any other work around is discovered. Received on Sat May 16 1998 - 19:18:34 CDT